Need a breakfast on the go? These Egg muffins have got you covered! Eat right away, make ahead, store in the fridge, take on the go, or reheat before you indulge. I make a batch of these every Sunday so we always have a quick breakfast on hand. Oh, and did I tell you they are (picky eater) kid approved?
Ingredients (yields 20 muffins, 1 per serving, see stats below).
- 8 ounces of breakfast sausage
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage with the chives, crumbling the meat with a large spoon as it cooks, until the sausage is well browned and cooked through. Drain the fat, if necessary, and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, then add the cream, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the cooked sausage and cheese.
- Pour the mixture into prepared wells of the muffin pan, filling each well about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the centers are set and the tops are slightly browned.
What I’ve learned…
- Be prepared for them to disappear quickly once your family knows they are in the fridge 🙂
- When reheating them, make sure to not overcook since eggs will become rubbery.
- I like to use reusable muffin liners for these since they absolutely don’t stick and will make the muffins glide right out.
Stats per serving
Fat: 13.7 g
Carbs: 0.7 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
“Southern Keto” by Natasha Newton