Did anyone say Munchkins? These are awesome! The closest I have ever gotten to replicating munchkins Keto style. They are really easy to whip up and can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to 5 days (but mine have never made it that long to be honest… I blame my husband).
Ingredients (makes 12 balls, 2 per serving)
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (48 g) granulated erythritol or stevia (I prefer to use erythritol)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons ghee (30 ml), melted but not hot
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Form 12 balls from the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
What I’ve learned…
- Don’t over bake, they will become dry.
- To make 12 equally sized balls, shape the dough in a log after everything is combined and cut into 12 parts. You can then roll each piece of dough in the shape of a ball.
Stats (per 2 balls)
Fat: 13 g
Total carbs: 5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Net carbs: 2 g
Source: “The Essential Keto Snacks Cookbook” by Louise Hendon (The Keto Summit).