It’s on weekly rotation in my household; Tacos. It’s a crowd pleaser, quick to prepare and easily transformed to fit my Keto lifestyle by omitting the wraps or taco’s and making a salad with the filling or by replacing them by low carb wraps. The store bought packages have fillers and added sugars in them, so I make my own seasoning. I usually double this recipe so I always have it on hand. It tastes as good or even better than the store bought version!
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Mix all these ingredients in a mason jar until you need them. Prepare your taco meat as usual, but when it’s time to add the spice mix, add 2 tablespoons of mix per pound of meat.
What I’ve learned…
- Smoked paprika is not cheap, but there is nothing like it that can replace this ingredient when it is needed in a recipe. Taco seasoning, bbq rubs, you name it, it makes a huge difference. Don’t skimp on this one!
Source: “Southern Keto” by Natasha Newton