We used to do a lot more take out than we do now. When we started eating Keto, it was just easier to cook ourselves just because we then knew what was in our food exactly. While doing so, I have found a ton of recipes that taste the same, if not better than take out (helloooo bunless burgers, smoked salmon salad and home made taco’s) . This Buffalo Chicken recipe is one of those that exceeded expectations the first time I tried it. I haven’t tweaked it (well, maybe one little tweak), it is just the way I found it. It’s THAT good. Go make it. You won’t be disappointed 😉
- 1/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce (the recipe said 1/2 cup but I have found 1/4 to be enough heat for me)
- 1/2 cup cubed unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (If you like it HOT, I didn’t use it)
- Combine the hot sauce, butter, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper in a small or medium sauce pan. Then add cayenne pepper if using.
- Set the pan over medium high heat for a few minutes to let the butter melt. Make sure to stir gently to mix everything in evenly.
- Remove the pan from heat and place aside to allow the flavors to develop.
Serve this sauce over baked chicken wings, or the way I did it, poor it over charcoal grilled chicken breast pieces, add a salad and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. I served it with a side of sugar free blue cheese dressing for dipping.
What I’ve learned….
I have learned that I love buffalo chicken! I would never order this if we went out to eat, mainly because I am not a fan of food that is too spicy. This one however is easily adjustable to the amount of heat you like. Also, the charcoal grilled flavor is an amazing combination with the sauce.