Breakfast time! There will be no easier recipe on my website than this one, promise. All you need is 2 simple ingredients and a waffle maker. Chaffles are essentially waffles, but then with Cheese, hence the name Chaffles, and they are super tasty, filling and taste like you are eating diner food just from your living room. There are many variations to Chaffles, but this recipe is for the basic one. I figured that’s a good way to start…. but please don’t hesitate to send me a note to ask for more recipes once you’ve mastered this one 🙂
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I use fancy shredded since I find that that melts better, but you can try different ones to see what you like best).
- Optional: Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the egg
- Add the cheese and mix to combine
- Put in a waffle maker until browned and a little crispy (2-3 minutes usually)
What I’ve learned…
- Any kind of cheese works for these! Just put in any cheese that you like, just make sure it melts well.
- I like to add some salt and pepper to my mix before putting it in the waffle maker. Depending on the cheese I am using I either omit the salt or add…. but I always put some pepper in before preparing.