Coffee…. it’s my lifeline. Everyone who knows me, knows I don’t go a day (or a few hours) without coffee. I used to drink it pitch black, and I still do in the morning, but I like my afternoon coffee a little milder. That’s where this super yummy dairy free French Vanilla coffee creamer comes in!
- 1 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (since coconut milk tends to separate in solids and liquids in the can, make sure to shake and/or stir the contents in the can before measuring)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk, or any non dairy milk substitute you have on hand (I used the unsweetened vanilla almond coconut blend)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or MCT oil if you have it)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia sweetener (for me, 1/4 teaspoon was enough)
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients.
- Store in a sealed container or jar in the fridge en shake as needed before using since it will probably separate.
What I’ve learned…
- I really like the taste of coconut milk! If you don’t like the taste of coconut milk, you can replace the coconut milk by heavy cream (this of course will make it non dairy free).
- It’s okay to play around with the amount of sweetener! Start off with 1/4 teaspoon and add to taste. Liquid stevia is very concentrated so add small amounts at once.