Easy side dish alert! This is a tasty, easy and beautiful side dish that will taste good with whatever you are serving it with but will also be great when you are looking for an easy dish to take to a potluck style dinner (I would def double or triple the recipe when taking it to a dinner though). Just make sure to let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before enjoying.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large English cucumber (10-12 inches long), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion (I am a red onion lover so I put close to 1/2 cup in there)
- Chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayo, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper to taste, until combined. Set aside.
- Use a paper towel to pat the moisture from the cucumber slices, this will help the dish come together easier because the dressing will stick better to the cucumber when the slices a more dry.
- Place the cucumber and the onion in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Poor (or scoop… the dressing will be pretty thick) the dressing over the cucumber and onions and toss/stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- When ready to serve, garnish with fresh dill.
What I’ve learned…
- Peeling the cucumber will drastically reduce the carb count… Who knew?!
Source: “Crazy Busy Keto” by Kristie H. Sullivan, PhD
Stats per serving (this recipe will yield 4 servings)
Fat: 11 g
Protein; 1.4 g
Carbs: 3.9 g
Fiber: 0.8 g