Martha Stewart and Keto; who would have thought those two could ever be a combination? I didn’t… but then these lovely chicken kebabs popped up in my news feed and I decided to find the recipe and tweak it so that it was keto approved. Believe it or not…. I didn’t have to tweak one thing! The only thing I changed was using green instead of red curry paste because the supermarket was out of red.
These are so easy to make and when I served them to my family I could hear them mumbling; “OMG” and “These are so good” in between bites. Sounds like a winner to me!
EDIT: These work best on the grill. I have tried them in a skillet but you just don’t get the same yummy results then, as you would get on the grill.
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 15 minutes to prevent burning on the grill
- 1 1/4 lb boneless chicken thighs cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. (make sure you weigh them after taking off the fat and other parts you won’t eat. I used 8 thighs in total to get the amount I needed for 8 skewers)
- 3/4 cup unsalted (roasted) cashews
- 2 tablespoons green curry (but you can easily substitute this for red curry if you like more heat)
- Preheat your charcoal grill and lightly spray it with cooking spray. If you don’t have a charcoal grill, you can also use an electric griddle.
- In a food processor, pulse the cashews and the curry paste with a little over 1/3 cup water until smooth. (The original recipe was double the amount we are making right now because this mixture was also used as a salad dressing. I cut it in half because the salad was not keto approved so that’s why the amount of water used is a bit of an odd amount).
- Put the cut up chicken thighs in a bowl and add the cashew mixture. Use your hands to mix it all together. Make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and grill them 6 minutes each side. Done!
What I’ve learned…
- When looking for keto cooking inspiration, don’t exclude sources you think don’t have any low carb recipes. Martha Stewart really surprised me with this super delicious recipe!
- We don’t use enough curry in our daily cooking…I really love the taste of it.