Lunch, it’s the hardest meal for me to figure out to be honest. I am never that hungry in the afternoon, I am more of a breakfast and dinner kinda gal… my husband on the other side looks forward to it; but that could also be because he always gets my try out creations since I am not making them for myself 🙂 This is an easy lunch that looks and tastes delicious and will fill you up till dinner time, but will also work for breakfast of course;) Enjoy!
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium tomato, cut into slices
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 green onions, slices into small rings
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat till it begins to shrivel, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and put on a paper towel. Brush a standard muffin tin with the bacon fat. (you’ll need to prepare 4 wells).
- Circle the inside of each of the 4 muffin wells with 1.5 slice of bacon and put a tomato slice on the bottom.
- Break an egg in each of the wells and season with pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, finish them with some red pepper flakes and green onion. Add some salt if needed, but the bacon will provide salt as well so I didn’t need to add salt.
- To serve: loosen the edges of the eggs with a sharp knife and scoop them out of the wells with a fork.
I like to serve them with 1/2 avocado with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!