Martha Stewart’s Cashew Curry Chicken Kebabs made my husband ask me for more curry dishes, they were that good. Since I made the kebabs with green curry, it was time to try a dish using the red curry paste, and it did NOT disappoint… This dish will warm your belly and satisfy your cravings for comfort food for sure. I served it with roasted cauliflower rice and I’ll put that recipe in the “What I’ve learned” section for y’all (it’s super simple). Enjoy!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, whatever you prefer. I used chicken breasts.
- Mix all ingredients except for the chicken, in your crock pot. Whisk until fully combined.
- Place the chicken on top of the sauce and spoon the sauce over the chicken so it’s fully covered.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, remove the chicken from the pot and cut into bite size chunks.
- Put the chicken back into the pot and stir to coat.
- Serve in a bowl (the sauce is amazing so serving it in a bowl will give you the chance to add some more sauce to your serving) over cauliflower rice, and garnish with fresh parsley and/or green onions.
What I’ve learned…(or better….. here are some tips for ya!)
- If you want more heat, add 1 more tablespoon of red curry paste.
- If you are not a heat lover, but would like more curry taste, just add another tablespoon of green curry paste.
- Roasted cauliflower rice makes a great side dish for this recipe! To make the cauliflower rice, start with 4 cups frozen cauliflower rice. Preheat the oven to 400 F and spray a cookie sheet with oil. Put the cauliflower rice on a heap in the middle of the sheet, add 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Salt to taste. Spread the “rice” out in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes, flipping the rice over after 10 minutes has past.
Stats (does not include cauliflower rice)
Carbs: 16 g
Protein: 47 g
Fat: 34 g (with chicken breast, chicken thighs will be a bit different)