I sometimes struggle to keep my sides interesting… On busy days I tend to gravitate to veggies as they are… so I steam or stir fry most of them and add some salt, pepper and olive oil and voila, veggies! I do think sometimes that’s a bit boring though and I notice that I am way more satisfied from dinner if I dress it up a bit more… add some flavor. This side dish is still just as easy as steaming your veggies, but just way more flavorful. You probably have all the ingredients on hand so keep this one in mind for nights you have no dinner inspiration!
- 1 large head of cauliflower (4 cups), cut into medium florets (don’t go too small)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, slices into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 F
- Put the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, sliced garlic and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- Take the florets out of the oven, flip them and put them back for 10 minutes.
- When you are done roasting, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over your veggies and they’re ready to serve!
What I’ve learned…
- Lemon juice can make or break a dish. In this dish it’s an absolute super star so don’t leave it out!
- Just as a reminder since the fiber count in this recipe is relatively high; To get your “net carbs” calculated, you subtract your fiber from your total carbs. In this recipe your net carbs will be (13-5.7=) 7.3 g per 1 cup serving.
Stats (per 1 cup serving):
Carbs: 13 g
Fiber: 5.7 g
Protein: 4.5 g
Fat: 11.5 g
Source: I honestly can’t remember! I do know it was THAT easy that I made it 1 time and remembered the exact recipe 3 days later 🙂 If I find the source, I will update immediately.