I like to make meals from scratch, but let’s face it, for most of us juggling all the things (yes, ALL lol) life does not (always) leave us with enough time to stand in the kitchen every day and create such master pieces 😉 Add virtual school and, on Thursday evenings, Hockey nights for me and my little dude, most of the time you can find me in the kitchen putting a Quest pizza in the oven ha! (if you don’t know what a Quest pizza is, send me a message!). Of course I could not just leave y’all hanging with the directions on how to cook a Quest pizza during vegetarian week, so I decided to create my own Keto friendly pizza. And no, it’s not a lot of work, because I am not going to tell you how to make keto friendly pizza dough! Not tonight at least 🙂 You just need a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes and voila, your pizza will be ready PLUS it will only have 14 g of net carbs. Not bad, right?
Ingredients (for 1 pizza)
- 2 low carb tortillas (I use Extreme Wellness tortillas from OLE Mexican foods).
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (I use DelGrosso Old Style Pizza Sauce)
- 3 oz Mozzarella cheese (sliced from a 8 oz ball, you’ll need 3 large, 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto
- Fresh basil leaves to taste (I used 2-3 leaves per pizza)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and put a large cookie sheet in while preheating.
- Put 1 tortilla on a plate or cutting board and cover with 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Oregano, Basil and Garlic powder.
- Top with the other tortilla and press down lightly.
- When the oven is heated to 400 F, take out the cookie sheet. Make sure all ingredients are pre cut and ready to use before taking the sheet out.
- Put the pre made “pizza crust” on the hot cookie sheet and work fast to create your pizza on the hot sheet.
- Cover with the sauce, Mozzarella cheese, Pesto, Basil leaves, grated Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Put the sheet back into the hot oven and bake for about 10 minutes; till the cheese is melted and the edges of your pizza are slightly browned.
- When you take your pizza out of the oven, it will not be ready to be eaten with your hands like you eat regular pizza slices but if you wait a few minutes it will firm up.
- Slice and enjoy!
What I’ve learned…
- Keto does not have to be complicated! I already knew that, but I hope I convinced some of you of this too 🙂
- Especially with pasta and pizza sauce, you have to check the label for carb content. These sauces can go as low as 3 g carbs per 1/4 cup to up to 12 g of carbs and 8 g of sugar per 1/4 cup!
Stats (per pizza) Excludes the nutritional value of the Parmesan cheese since it will be added to taste.
Carbs: 37 g
Fiber: 23 g
Net carbs: 14 g
Fat: 32.5 g
Protein: 33 g