This is the ultimate “I’m having a long busy day and I won’t have time for dinner” recipe. I made this roast the other day when I planned a day out to a harvest festival with the kids. It was an hour drive, the weather was beautiful and the festival would close at 7 pm. I knew my kids would want to stay till closing time so that meant getting home at 8. I don’t know about your family, but in mine there is not a lot of time between “Mam, I’m hungry” and “I’m HANGRY!!!”, (kids and husband alike) so I needed dinner to be ready to go when I got home. This recipe delivered BIG TIME! Serve it on a salad, in a low carb wrap or just as is (it’s not set in stone that you have to have a side you know 😉 )
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 3-4 lb rump roast. (or any roast really that is meant for slow cooking/roasting)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- NO SALT lol… I knew what you were thinking. I was sceptical at first too but after tasting it both me and my husband decided that salt really wasn’t necessary.
- Combine all spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Generously rub the roast with the spice mixture.
- Line the bottom of your crockpot with the diced onions.
- Place your seasoned roast on top.
- Poor in your beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Done! It’s that simple 🙂 Serve with salad or on a low carb wrap or just as is!
What I’ve learned…
- The salt thing! I don’t think I have ever made a savory recipe without salt! This one really doesn’t need it though, so taste before you season.
Stats: I’m working on them as we speak since they weren’t included in the initial recipe. I’ll update as soon as I have them but didn’t want to leave y’all hanging since so many of you asked me for the recipe!