Small ingredient list, big flavor punch on this fancy egg dish. It’s super easy to whip up, looks and tastes so good that you can easily serve it any guests you have and it’s filling to boot.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, more for topping
- 1 oz crumbled (seasoned if you like) feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- crushed red pepper flakes for topping (optional but recommended)
- Whisk together the eggs and salt
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat and add some cooking spray or 1 tablespoon of oil (olive/avocado/ghee)
- Add the green onion and stir. Cook for about 30 seconds, until softened.
- Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until softly set, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the feta cheese, and fold in slightly till mixed. Cook for about 30 seconds, until the eggs are just set.
- Divide the eggs over 2 plates, top with more green onion, avocado, bacon and red pepper flakes to taste. Add a sprinkle of salt if preferred.
What I’ve learned…
- Eggs are so easily overcooked. They also keep cooking for a bit after you take them off the heat source you are using. Make sure that you stop the cooking process when the eggs are just set so they will be perfectly set when you are ready to dig in.
Stats per serving (1/2 of the recipe, based on using cooking spray)
Fat: 23.4 g
Carbs: 4.3 g
Fiber: 3.4 g
Net carbs: 0.9 g
Protein: 19 g