This website wouldn’t be complete without a great Mac and Cheese recipe, right?! So here it is 🙂 Easy, breezy comfort food that will quickly fill the bellies and hearts of your whole family (and friends alike)!
- 16 oz fresh cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 14 oz smoked sausage
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pan.
- Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, chop the smoked sausage into thin slices (1/4 inch) and brown in a medium skillet. (crispy edges are recommended). Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Drain the cauliflower and return to the pan. Turn the heat to low.
- Add 1 cup of Cheddar, the cream, cream cheese, Mozzarella and the creole seasoning and stir until the cheese is fully melted (about 3 minutes). Add the sausage and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mac and cheese to an oven safe dish and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
What I’ve learned…
- If you don’t have Creole seasoning on hand, you can substitute Cajun seasoning 1:1 ratio.