Your recipe arsenal isn’t complete without a fail proof recipe for crispy drumsticks, am I right? This recipe will yield perfectly done, flavorful and crispy drumsticks every time and isn’t a hassle to prepare either!
- 8-10 medium drumsticks (I was in a hurry and could only find packages with 5 drumsticks each in them so I bought 2 and that was perfect for our hungry bunch this evening).
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (pink himalayan) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven safe rack on top.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl until well combined.
- Pat the drumsticks dry with a paper towel (don’t skip this step, patting them dry will make them super crispy).
- Arrange the drumsticks on the rack and brush with the melted butter.
- Season the chicken with your premade spice mix (don’t be afraid to use it all!)
- Bake the drumsticks in the oven for 25 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Extra crispy tip: After the baking time is done, flip the chicken one more time and broil for about 3 minutes (keep checking if they don’t burn!).
What I’ve learned…
- I remember from making a roasted chicken a while ago, that I didn’t put enough seasoning on my chicken. And to be honest, a lot of recipes that you find in keto cooking are either too sweet or not savory enough. Once you start experimenting with different recipes, you will get a feel for how much of a spice or sugar you will need to use to get a recipe just right for your taste. For this recipe, I bumped up the amount of spices used from the original, but I will probably add even more when I make these next time. If you like your food flavorful, don’t be afraid to double your amount of spices and season your heart out!
Stats per drumstick (ballpark since not all drumsticks are created equal ;))
Fat: 16 g
Protein: 22 g
Carbs: None whatsoever!
Source: I have tweaked the recipe a little, but the original idea I found on a great website called http://www.wholesomeyum.com