There’s a reason there is a whole series of books written called; “Chicken Soup for the Soul”. Chicken soup is the ultimate meal that will warm up your belly and your heart… It’s such a comforting meal. Here is the version that I like to make 🙂 Don’t be afraid to make a double batch, you might need some leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast (I used breast and it turned out delicious), cubed.
- 8 ounces riced cauliflower (about 2 cups) NOTE: I prefer to make my own. Store bought rice cauliflower tends to get soggy fast.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the celery and the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and paprika and cook until fragrant, about another minute.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and riced cauliflower and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
What I’ve learned…
- I’ve learned that I am very bad at taking pictures of soup haha! Seriously, this picture does NOT do this soup justice, but hey, I needed an image and since I take all my pictures myself, this was the best one 😉
Stats per 1 1/2 cup
Fat: 10.4 g
Carbs: 5.8 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Net carbs: 4 g
Protein: 26.4 g
Source: http://www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com by Stephanie Olson