The original recipe stated that you wouldn’t miss the beans at all in this recipe….. With classic and all around loved recipes like Chili I believe you always have to be very “respectful” in recreating them (#foodsnob LOL)… and they absolutely NAILED IT! This is Chili 🙂 I LOVE Chili and would hate it to taste less filling than it should be (comfort food at it’s best). This recipe will be a sure hit. No one will miss the beans and the flavor is spot on. It’s Friday so get cooking for the weekend people! (and make an extra batch… it’s even better the day after for lunch…)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage (mild or hot, you choose)
- 1 green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced, or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 (14,5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste (check your labels with tomato paste, there is lots of variation on the amount of carbs and additives with this particular food)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup water
- Toppings: Shredded Cheddar, Sliced Green Onions, Sour Cream, Cubed Avocado and Sliced Jalapeno
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef and the sausage, using a wooden spoon to break up the clumps. Drain the meat and reserve half of the drippings.
- Transfer the drained meat to a slow cooker. Add the reserved drippings and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 5.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Stats per serving (this recipe yields 6 servings).Without toppings.
Fat: 24.6 g
Protein: 33.5 g
Total carbs: 11.4 g
Net carbs: 7.9 g
Source: “Simply Keto” by Suzanne Ryan