Now this title sounds appetizing… NOT! LOL. Nope, it didn’t to me either when I first saw it, but just as with mug cakes and all “shortcut” cooking recipes, it had to be tried and tested in my lab 😉 It turned out to be a winner! Nice and quick, only a few ingredients and endless possibilities to dress it up just the way you like it (I used almond butter). Enjoy!
Ingredients for 4 slices, 2 servings
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, whisked before adding
- 2.5 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- Grease a mug. (don’t skimp on the grease)
- Mix all ingredients in a separate bowl with a fork.
- Poor mixture into your mug.
- Microwave in high for 90 seconds (microwave times may vary, but mine were perfect at 90 seconds).
- Let cool for about 2 minutes before flipping your mug over and sliding the bread out.
- Slice into 4 slices and add your favorite toppings.
What I’ve learned…
- There is a time to be a cooking snob and there are times that you should try other things imho. I love to cook, spend the time, find fresh ingredients… but my schedule hasn’t been especially forgiving lately and I found myself reaching for pre made meals ever so often to still stay low carb. Nothing wrong with that of course, but I love to cook, it’s my sanity.These quick and easy recipes are what will get me back into the kitchen again, step by step. It’s not what I gravitate towards, but it’s home made and I know exactly what’s in it. No go try it! 🙂
Stats per serving
Fat: 26 g
Protein: 6 g
Net carbs: 2 g
Source: “The Essential Keto Cookbook” by Louise and Jeremy Hendon