It’s one of those ultimate street foods right? I promise you won’t feel deprived when you try these instead of the real deal! You can even dress it up with your favorite creamy low carb sauce or street dressing, go crazy 😉
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 2 low carb tortillas (When picking low carb tortillas go for the ones that have 3 or 4 grams net carbs).
- 2 200 g/7 oz white fish fillets (I used frozen catfish but you can also go for pollock, cod, king fish etc).
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 big lettuce leaves (any crispy kind will do, I used iceberg lettuce).
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tomato, onion and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Rub the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a high heat grill or frying pan for 3-4 minutes, then flip and grill/fry for another 3 minutes until the fish easily flakes.
- Put the fish on a plate and flake into bite sized chunks.
- Prepare the tortillas if you prefer to eat them warm.
- Divide the avocado over the two tortillas, covering the whole surface.
- Top with the tomato mixture and lettuce.
- Add the fish.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and if you want, your favorite low carb creamy dressing.
What I’ve learned…
- If you don’t have fresh avocado on hand, you can also use prepared guacamole.
- You can use any mild or medium tasting white fish on hand. I always have frozen fillets in the freezer for easy and fast food prep.
- Make these your own by topping with either sour cream, hot sauce, creamy street dressing etc. Just check the ingredients/stats for hidden carbs.
Stats per serving: Still working on it!