It’s one of the items most missed when eating a low carb diet; bread. There are many great bread recipes for a keto lifestyle, but they are usually time consuming and pretty labor intensive to make. What if you have a craving for bread right NOW? (that’s me saying that… often… I want bread, NOW!! haha). Anyway, there is a recipe for that of course 🙂 and you can find it below. Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups finely ground almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter; melted but not hot
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and grease a baking sheet with oil or line with non stick surface.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently stir and fold to combine. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between portions.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops a golden brown. Do not overbake these! (they’ll get dry very quick if you do).
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. Enjoy with your favorite spreads and toppings or just as is!
Stats per biscuit
Fat: 12.1 g
Protein: 4.6 g
Carbs: 3.1 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Net carbs: 1.5 g
Source: “Southern Keto” by Natasha Newton