Looking for an easy dinner? Look no further! This casserole is easy, flavorful and a crowdpleaser for sure. If you are with more than 4 people, make sure to double this recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (the creamier the better!)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (not the dry Parmesan cheese that you find in a jar on the shelves of the supermarket; this cheese won’t melt)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook the bacon and let it cool on paper towels to drain some of the fat and make the pieces crunchier. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- Chop chicken breast into chunks and saute in the same pan in the bacon fat until slightly browned. Then remove from pan and set aside.
- Still in the same pan, cook the broccoli and garlic and stir until tender. (If the chicken absorbed most of the bacon fat, add some avocado oil). Since you are still sautéing in the same pan, make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan while cooking the broccoli to make sure you are not loosing any of those great flavors.
- In an oven safe dish, mix the chicken and broccoli. Chop your bacon in small pieces and add to the dish. Then add the heavy cream and both cheeses. Mix until combined and the chicken and broccoli are completely coated with the mixture.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake until bubbly; 10-15 minutes.
What I’ve learned…
This recipe was originally written to have it prepared in an oven safe pan. I don’t have one so I just cooked everything in the same pan and transferred it to an oven safe dish when it was time to bake. When a recipe states something, like using this oven safe pan, don’t get discouraged when you don’t have it on hand. Lots of recipes have easy swaps. If you have a recipe like this and you have questions about appropriate swaps, just send me a message!