Taco Tuesdays now have a new player; The Taco Pie! Although I could eat this any day of the week…. This one is great for a next day lunch if you have leftovers (IF you have leftovers…).
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped tomatoes, avocado, salsa etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch oven safe pie pan.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Break down any clumps with the back of a spoon.
- Add taco seasoning and stir until combined, then reduce the heat to medium low and cook a few more minutes till everything comes together.
- Spread the beef in the prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Poor the mixture over the beef. Then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the cheese is browned.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
What I’ve learned…
You don’t need actual taco’s or wraps to enjoy taco Tuesday! This will satisfy your taco cravings without the added carbs for sure.