One of my absolute favorite keto dishes and a regular on our menu. Even my 9 year old daughter Bella is a fan! I found this recipe in my most used keto recipe book (see which one at the end of the recipe) and usually combine it with a salad, but it’s also super tasty on cauliflower rice with some red pepper flakes on top.
Ingredients (officially for 4 people… but I have to confess that this is so good, we usually make more to have room for seconds 😉 )
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and divined
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Pat the shrimp dry and arrange in a single layer on a lined sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Place the lemon slices on top of the shrimp.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve immediately.
What I’ve learned…
This recipe is delicious! The directions above are an exact copy of the recipe in my most used keto cook book: “Southern Keto” by Natasha Newton. I will tell you more about this book in the section on my website about cook books, and there will be a link so you can buy it online if you wish.
I use frozen shrimp since they are great to have on hand, and the last few times I made this recipe, I omitted the lemon, since I didn’t have one. It was still equally tasty. I also am not a “pinch of salt and pepper” person… I use a lot! Go ahead and experiment with different amounts, since fresh herbs and spices are keto approved.